[Noisebridge-discuss] temperature controlled soldering irons

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Dec 17 13:23:07 UTC 2010

SparkFun is selling temperature-controlled soldering irons for $36 in
quantities of 10 or more.  This includes a hangup base and sponge.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9672

"This iron looks suspiciously similar to the Hakko 936, but it's not. Call
it what whatever name you want - we've found it to be a well built, great
intermediate soldering station for the price. With a heavy base,
comfortable iron, adjustable temperature, and a good selection of tips
(coming soon), you can't beat this station for value."

If ten people want to get a temperature-controlled soldering iron, you get
ten for the price of nine.  Stop making people use those bunk old irons.

I am working on a pair of temperature-controlled hot-tweezers that were
donated to us by Tymm recently.  They came with a base unit which is
intended for a different soldering tool, and the connectors are wrong.

but I believe electronically they are the same and I plan to wire then up.
Then we will have hot tweezers (made by Hakko)

-jake