[Noisebridge-discuss] recyclebridge

Patrick Keys citizenkeys at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:52:19 UTC 2010

Smaller is better for composting.  Composting also needs some sort of
lid, mainly for smell and sanitation reasons.

I also had some sort of poorly thought-out idea that we'd keep the
composting bin on the roof, also for sanitation reasons and to
potentially use the sun to dry the stuff out.

Maybe a small composting bin inside and a larger one on the roof.  I
honestly don't know how composting works except that somehow you dry the
natural waste, beat on it, and somehow end up with nitrogen deposits.

The regular trash can is a 32-gallon bin that I moved from the shop area
to the kitchen.  Any smaller size is just too small for the amount of
trash that noisebridge generates on a daily basis.

Your estimates about bin requirements all seem correct.

I'm anxious to see us get a real recycling system in place!

This is exciting!

Patrick