[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge needs a computer to digitize video

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Mon Dec 20 07:41:48 UTC 2010

     I'm a big fan of Kdenlive:

http://www.kdenlive.org/

     It supports some basic effects (with layers) and can output to
1080p HD. My needs are simple and few but it has served them well for
the past year I've been using it. I have unfortunately encountered some
stability issues along the way, but that seems to improve with each
release. Just be certain to save your work frequently and you should be
good to go.

     According to the downloads page there's even a MacPorts release for
OS X.

Cheers

Steve

On 12/19/2010 09:38 PM, Jonathan Foote wrote:
> What's the state of the art in FOSS video editing  and effects SW? I'd
> love something that could do even a little of what AfterEffects can.
>
> Anyone?
>
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Sean Cusack<sean.p.cusack at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm one of those in the anti-apple camp, so I can't tell ya if it'll do
>> os-anything. Like I said - ubuntu ran like a champ tho. I'll bring it in
>> anyhow. If you guys can't use it, someone can use it as their crazy robot
>> brain

Steve Castellotti
Puzzlebox Limited