[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge: Death and Taxes

Gian Pablo Villamil gian.pablo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 04:25:05 UTC 2010

I agree. We need to consider why things have dropped off so
dramatically, and whether NB is really sustainable at its current size
and run rate.

If the best we've done so far is barely breaking even, and we're
currently only taking in about half of our outgoing expenses, that is
pretty drastic. An approach of doing the same as we've done before,
only a little more (eg. chasing down dues, sponsoring a day), is not
going to get us out of the hole. We either need a lot more members, or
seriously take a look at cutting expenses, maybe move back to a
smaller space.

I'd say we need to actively recruit more members, and highlight the
value proposition more clearly.

A comment that I have heard from more than one potential member is
that if you're not already part of an in-group at NB, it is very
difficult to get engaged with the community.