[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge: Death and Taxes

jim jim at well.com
Tue Dec 21 18:13:18 UTC 2010

   i don't know if our records support such an idea: track
drama threads with subsequent losses in members (not
necessarily directly involved in the [DRAMA], just
terminally put off by it.
   to some degree, it seems to me that some people have
dropped away because they're thin-skinned, but as a group
we seem not to be aware of thin-skinnedness nor prepared
to handle such feelings in a way to support a particular
thin-skinned member.
   best i can tell, the problem is most often a matter of
some judgements that people angrily apply or defend,
generally with some moral component ("this is bad" ==
"you're bad"). i suspect a self-righteous (i.e. indulgent)
angle to the discussions.
   maybe "being excellent to each other" isn't sufficiently
descriptive?