[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge propaganda - a tri-folder flyer

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Dec 22 00:21:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Patrick Keys <citizenkeys at gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, I think we're headed in the wrong direction as a group if the
> attitude is going to be "every member for themself" and "don't suggest
> something unless you want to do it all yourself".  I personally feel
> like there should be a spirit some teamwork towards the common goal of
> preserving noisebridge.

One the big things that has driven a lot of people from using noisebridge
regularly is that a lot of people talk big, but very few people follow
through, even if poorly.  For a do-ocracy, this is the kiss of death.

Follow through poorly, and you'll usually find much more talented people
helping you improve things when you're done.  They may "help" without your
involvement or even consent, but, if your goal is simply to have a better
flyer available, you've succeeded.

Welcome to do-ocracy.  Make cool shit happen.  If we can't do that, maybe
the idea of noisebridge is already past us.
--
Josh Myer 415.230.9791 <-- NOTE: New number!
 josh at joshisanerd.com

("Entrepreneurial" is probably the closest business-land word for this,
 though the outcomes are a bit different.)