[Noisebridge-discuss] Stuff I'd like to see happen at Noisebridge

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Sat Dec 25 08:24:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:38 PM, rachel lyra hospodar
<rachel at mediumreality.com> wrote:

> At our last meeting we scheduled a monthly hackathon, roughly equivalent
> to your "do something night" idea.  it would be rad if you came!  it's,
> i believe, second saturdays, and is on the unofficial google calendar.
> if you want to schedule it more often that is awesome!  monthly was what
> i could commit to.  Let me know if you need calendar access.
>
> Jan 8th is the first one!
>
> i decided today to launch another project.  i am going to turn a couch
> into a giant videophone, so that people from anywhere on the internet
> can initiate a video call with whoever is on that particular couch.  i
> am calling it NoiseCouch.  if anyone wants to help me with this project
> let me know.  i don't know anything about videoconferencing or
> networking or anything but i am confident i will figure it out.  i think
> that if i do it by myself it will take about 6 months to accomplish.
> The more help i get the sooner we can finish it!

You could move one of the couches to a corner and move the portal in
the server room in front it.  That way it won't accidentally catch any
activities in the space which aren't on the couch.

You're going to need to find a low power computer to run it, though.
The one in the server rack is already doing double duty as a console
server and the portal server and can't be moved.