[Noisebridge-discuss] Stuff I'd like to see happen at Noisebridge

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Sat Dec 25 16:20:18 UTC 2010

On 12/25/2010 01:38 AM, rachel lyra hospodar wrote:
> i decided today to launch another project.  i am going to turn a couch
> into a giant videophone, so that people from anywhere on the internet
> can initiate a video call with whoever is on that particular couch.  i
> am calling it NoiseCouch.  if anyone wants to help me with this project
> let me know.  i don't know anything about videoconferencing or
> networking or anything but i am confident i will figure it out.  i think
> that if i do it by myself it will take about 6 months to accomplish.
> The more help i get the sooner we can finish it!

     Six months?

1. Take computer and plug into network
2. Install Linux
3. Install Skype
4. Set Skype to auto-answer and allow calls and video from any user
5. Publish Skype name

     You'll want to make sure the user account running Skype is set to
auto-login and Skype is set to auto-launch, but there's nothing too
tricky going on here.

For the purists you also might want to install Ekiga which is open
source video conferencing:

http://ekiga.org/

     Any trouble along the way give a shout (c:

Steve