[Noisebridge-discuss] Hi NBers...getting into NB today...& vegetarian eating options near NB

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Dec 29 16:24:57 UTC 2010

ashish makani writes:

> 3. I have a long commute back home & was wondering, if ppl could recommend,
> good vegetarian eating options nearby NB ?
> Indian, Mexican, Sandwich place(ala subway), etc

There are several vegetarian restaurants in the Mission District;
ordered by distance from Noisebridge, they are:

- Gracias Madre (vegan Mexican), 2211 Mission St
- Cha-ya (vegan Japanese), 762 Valencia St
- Herbivore (vegan American), 983 Valencia St
- Udupi Palace (vegetarian South Indian), 1007 Valencia St
- Café Gratitude (raw vegan), 2400 Harrison St

I would recommend Herbivore and Gratitude less than the other three.
Also, Gracias Madre is more expensive than the others.

I've also had good luck with these non-vegetarian places:

- Pica Pica Maize Kitchen (omni Venezuelan), 401 Valencia St
- Sunflower (omni Vietnamese), 3111 16th St
- Big Lantern (omni Chinese), 3170 16th St

Each of them has several tasty vegetarian items.

See also

http://www.vegsf.com/restaurants.html#mi

but note that Mariachi's has closed.  I think all the other information
there is up to date.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.