[Noisebridge-discuss] Door bell

Jeffrey Malone ieatlint at tehinterweb.com
Wed Feb 3 10:55:17 UTC 2010

> BTW this seems to be your first post to the noisebridge-discuss list
> and you are suggesting this. Wow.

I'd somehow missed this until seeing Ever's reply.
This attitude that you need to be around for a long time in order to
make suggestions or do something is COMPLETELY antithetical to
Noisebridge's long standing claims of equality to everyone.

In point of fact, the number of people who have showed up for the
first time in the past month and helped Noisebridge with its buildout
and and cleaning it likely exceeds that of the number who have been
around for a long time.  People who are new are bringing in much
needed help and fresh ideas.
Requiring they learn our 16 month history of mailing list drama in
order to speak is unrealistic, and will result in the continued
shrinking of our membership that has been happening for several months
now.

Jeffrey