[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Lending Library?

Will Sargent will.sargent at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 05:17:03 UTC 2010

>   People who donate things to noisebridge do so with
> some sense of mission, and donors are part of the
> noisebridge community whether or not they are members.
> it is not excellent to disregard the intentions of
> donors: at least we should understand the intent of the
> donation before co-opting stuff for personal purposes.

Not quite sure I understand this; is there a license attached to donations?

>   My point of view is that if reusing community
> resources for one's own purpose deprives the rest of
> the use, as is the case of missing books, that is
> sufficiently unexcellent that we should not do that.
>

>   i consider myself sympathic to anarchistic ideals.

I understand your concerns, and I hate lending books out of my personal
library to people who never return them or "forget" they have them.

I'm happy to put down books or cash / checks down of equal or greater value
as collateral, and would even expect that.  Not to mention that losing a
book would look pretty bad for me personally.

Will.