[Noisebridge-discuss] redeeming the recycling for money?

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:54:33 UTC 2010

After 5moF today we took out the trash bins and i noticed the recycling
basically overflowing with bottles and cans. i'm sure the whole thing wasn't
bottles and cans but that's still a lot of perfectly good redeemable stuff
right there. has there been any thought on trying to redeem the CVR off the
bottles and cans we throw away at the space? Have we deemed it too much of a
hassle to try? Unfortunately it seems the only recycling center i could find
is the J&S recycling center @ 3201 3rd St which is a bit of a trek to say
the least. Which makes me wonder. i see trucks driving around SF all the
time full of cardboard and bottles and cans. I wonder if maybe we can use
them. instead of throwing the CRV items in the recycling bin we can put them
aside and maybe see if we can flag down one of those trucks and say
something like 'hey, we'll leave these for you here in exchange for a little
cut off the top for what you're gonna get for them'. then we wouldn't have
to worry about transportation and we'd make a little bit of money from it
instead of nothing at all. Anyone have any other ideas on how we might make
use of the potential pocket change source just sitting around?

--
Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.