[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge (GSM) cell phone equipment

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sat Jan 23 14:12:04 UTC 2010

grey wrote:
> I think the BS-11 works with OpenBSC
> http://openbsc.gnumonks.org/trac/wiki/OpenBSC not sure how much reverse
> engineering is required as opposed to just configuring.
>
> The USRP's that have been at noisebridge have been brought by individual
> members.  Though I could certainly see them be as worth getting for the
> space as a laser or vinyl cutter (hint hint, why don't we have these yet?
> ;).  Perhaps someone could even write Ettus research and ask for a USRP
> donation?  HMmMmm!

The only thing stopping us from getting the OpenBSC setup running is the
lack of an E-1 card. The guy who sells them in Germany stopped replying
to my emails and never sent the one that I requested; I have the money
for it, I just need to actually find one to buy! Harald
(OpenBSC/netfilter/CCC/etc) has offered me one multiple times and
perhaps he has an extra one laying around. I'll email him and ask.

Best,
Jake