[Noisebridge-discuss] Bringing Down the Credit Bureaus

Brian Molnar brian.molnar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 00:56:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Sai Emrys <saizai at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's actually very bad IMO. You do NOT want people to only report
> events that make them emotional or interested in a particular outcome
> relating to their reporting thereof. You want them to report ALL
> events - including ones that are merely "meh, business as usual".
> Otherwise you have a combination selection bias and base rate neglect
> that renders your data useless.

The lack of reporting means "meh, business as usual". If an account has been
registered within the system for, say two years, without negative reports,
then that adds to the cumulative 'goodness' of the credit profile. This is
currently what the credit bureaus would classify as an "account in good
standing". But if the creditor wishes to issue additional praise to the
borrow, then by all means, we should provide the mechanism to do so -
perhaps with a star rating system or a thumbs up, or even a comment field,
like you'd find with eBay ratings.

So by default, as time progresses, the borrowers' profiles are becoming more
positive.

I'll respond to the second part of your email when I get around to reading
it.

- Brian