[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus item at tonight's meeting: Randomize the logo? (was: New logo source?)

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Tue Jan 12 21:09:54 UTC 2010

* Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> [100109 13:12]:
> It's randomized and selects from a pool of logos (currently two).

Because there are differing opinions within the Noisebridge community
as to whether or not this is the best thing to do, and because:

    Noisebridge is run by consensus with all the members. We don't do
    anything as a group that everyone isn't OK with (not everyone has
    to be wildly enthusiastic). We've evolved a way of getting to this
    state, which is not any kind of definitive rule, but has worked
    reasonably well so far. Here's what to expect in most cases,
    except when we get to consensus by a different method.

    Usually there is discussion about a topic between members in
    person, on the mailing list, and/or on IRC. At some point someone
    puts the topic on a meeting agenda so it gets discussed on a
    Tuesday night. If we seem to be in sufficient agreement, someone
    will put the item on the next meeting's agenda as a consensus
    decision item. Generally we try to have at least one week between
    the first meeting discussion of something and the actual decision,
    in case there are members who haven't heard about it.

    The process is decision-centric, and should be able to
    re-configure itself around the decision that needs to be made.

    https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Consensus_Process

I've taken the liberty of putting the following on the agenda for
tonight's meeting so that the Noisebridge community may weigh in on
this via our consensus process:

    Shall we randomize the logo displayed on the Noisebridge Wiki
    (our primary website) rather than continuing in the general theme
    of the readily identifiable logo we've been using to date?

    https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2010_01_12

I encourage anyone willing to participate in constructive dialog
around this issue (especially Noisebridge members capable of fully
participating in the consensus process) to attend tonight's meeting
and/or engage discussion in the week leading up to next week's
meeting.

John

--
John Magolske