[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] New logo source?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Jan 13 02:27:26 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Josh Myer's message of Tue Jan 12 18:21:52 -0800 2010:
> > Or a form or email to some person/script-bot that will make the symlink
> > for you. I'm sure there are images in the "uploaded images" directory
> > that shouldn't also be logos.
> >
> At that point, the logo process on the wiki that we run on our own hardware
> (and own the entire stack) of is less "open to submission" than the calendar
> that only Google runs, insofar as there are literally dozens of people who
> can administer the calendar (including adding new admins)!  I find this
> incredibly ironic.

Oh, I was thinking of an automated process that was still public (so as
to maintain fairness). But still a tool whose source is controlled so
as to reduce the impact of malicious use or input.

> In any case, could we maybe just go back to having only one logo up there at
> a time?  It seems to me to make way more sense, but maybe I'm just unhep to
> this ideologic jive (, daddyo).

Yeah, more than one logo is just confusing, IMO. I like the idea of
considering a redesign with a circuit that's functional. :)

--j