[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Calendar

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Fri Jan 22 01:10:22 UTC 2010

Consensus is a decision making process, not a rule-making process; if we
wanted a rule-making and/or rule-keeping process we'd have to consense on
one.  Or, more likely, someone would have to build one, and then we'd have
to bicker over whether that was OK, and whether we wanted one at all and if
we did, how it would be different from the one someone had built, but while
we were bickering a bunch of new people would join, assuming that the
rule-keeping-mechanism was official, and they'd be upset and confused by our
trying to take away the rules or claim that they somehow didn't count for
obscure and confusing reasons, and besides these rules seem not to have been
maintained in a while, why don't we migrate over to Google Governance?

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700