[Noisebridge-discuss] New event: This Month On the Internet, Sat. 8PM

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 08:04:54 UTC 2010

For those wishing to present videos they've found online please send your
links to Ani with the title "This Month On The Internet" so we can compile
play lists before the event. Youtube, Vimeo, TED, collegehumor, etc, are all
welcome.

We ask that you keep the total net length of all the videos you wish to
present around 10 minutes to leave room for others (if you wish you can
suggestion additional videos that we may or may not play at the end of the
event if we have the extra time). If you wish to show something from TED or
another non-trivial video that takes up more than 10 minutes then we can
make an exception but it will be your only video to show so make it count!
There is no filter on the kind of video you show but /try/ to keep it as
clean as you can. If you insist on a graphically violent or sexual video
please give a warning on the link you send and we'll give a short disclaimer
before showing it at the event.

Also: The current name 'This Month On The Internet" is subject to change. We
will be accepting name suggestions at the event that you, the audience, will
vote for the best name. Keep it simple but clever. Names like "Now Showing
>From the Web" (NSFW) are highly encouraged. A cookie to the winning name
creator :3

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Ani Niow <v at oneletterwonder.com> wrote:

> Greetings Noisefriends!
>

> I was talking to a couple people separately about doing a video night at NB
> over the past few days, one suggested it be an event where people show off
> content they've created and the other was suggesting we share interesting
> videos found throughout travels on the internet. I figured they're similar
> enough so why not combine them?
>
> Come one come all to Noisebridge this Saturday at 8PM and share
> interestingness for all the viewers to see. This could end up being a
> monthly thing if enough participation or interest happens. Looking forward
> to seeing what our new Media Centre can do.
>
> See wiki for more details: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/TMOTI
>
> Thanks to Gian Pablo and Ever Falling for the suggestions.
>

> -Ani

Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.