[Noisebridge-discuss] Payload recovery mission

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Jul 1 01:54:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Ceren Ercen <ceren at magnesium.net> wrote:

> whoa whoa go back and read the earlier emails on this thread.
>

> "The payload is on private property. They are fine with a recovery team
> coming as long as they are given heads up prior to the attempt so they
> can pass the word around among those that live/work/etc... back in
> there. So treating it like a open geocache hunt would not be acceptable.

Ceren, thanks for this...

The above, however, is a different property than what was mentioned in this
thread.

I agree with what you are pointing out. That's why I asked (incorrectly to
Christopher) to pass the word on to the property owner.

However, it was discovered that this isn't located in the original spot as
expected (it's different property). So, I am asking what the procedure is so
that we contact the new property owner.

Do-ocracy is great, but not when it may screw over someone else's carefully
> negotiated plans.

I agree very much. That's why I'd like to follow the proper space-bridge
procedure (and thus why I'm asking these questions now)...

Cheers,

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe