[Noisebridge-discuss] Stolen food at Noisebridge yes or no?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:12:20 UTC 2010

2010/07/14 aestetix aestetix <aestetix at gmail.com>:
> Ok, I understand your intention, but I completely disagree.
> Nobody should *ever* be banned from the space.

  I almost agree. I'm sure there are some crimes so bad that
  their perpetrator must be expelled; but stealing food doesn't
  count.

  We should communicate, kindly and unambiguously, that:

 .  A great many members are very concerned by this stolen food.
    There's no need to talk about right or wrong. We just can't
    support what they are doing.

 .  Many members, including the speaker, are committed to
    removing stolen food when they see it. Certainly, many
    members will refuse to cook with or eat this food.

  If they're intransigent, then we can talk about escalation:
  asking them to stay away for a period of time, for example.

  I'm not likely to be around till Saturday. If you speak with
  them, please let the list know; if I bump in to them and no
  one else had done it, I'll be sure to have a chat about the
  points outlined above.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/