[Noisebridge-discuss] Flooring work!

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Fri Jun 18 08:02:48 UTC 2010

The current state of the floor is this.  Jim is planning to do rough
sanding tomorrow (Friday) morning, and he will put down some paper for
the walking on if you REALLY HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM...  Thanks Jim
you rock!

The next step is to fill the cracks with putty.  I will be at
Noisebridge most of the day Sunday doing this, and Quirk has also
volunteered to help with this.  She has additionally promised to bring
home made cookies for anyone else who assists (yay Quirk!), so come
help!  We could use two or three more sets of hands.

If you want to help but can't come Sunday, only Friday afternoon/evening
or Saturday, that's great:

Puttying is very simple. You just stick a putty knife in the putty and
slather it over the cracks, divots, & low spots.  Don't cover the entire
floor surface, and try not to leave lumps, but lumps can be wiped off
pretty easily with a damp cloth after the putty has started to dry, if
necessary.

Putty knives are in the dirty shop on the metal shelves, right side, one
of the upper shelves, in a ?yellow plastic bin.  It's above head height
(for me) but you can see the handles sticking up.  Putty is in gallon
buckets on the floor, in the main corridor going back, on the right (as
you face the back of the space), quite near the floor parts in question.
It's called something like Wood Filler, I forget exactly, it shouldn't
be hard to find.  There are 3 buckets one of which is only half full.

Cleanup is with soap and water as long as the putty hasn't hardened
(which takes a couple hours).

Thanks!
Rachel