[Noisebridge-discuss] Flooring work!

jim jim at well.com
Sat Jun 19 02:03:07 UTC 2010

[Friday 20100618:18:47]
initial sanding is done.
   used 20 grit for the first passes, 36 grit for the
last pass.
   costs $76.82, rachel paid $50.
   took about 4 hours, Frantisek did about 2 of them.

   canvas is on the floor between the kitchen and the
toilet room; i put stuff along the side to suggest
"don't walk over there".

filling:
* there are some big cracks that should be filled
with wood plugs before applying goop.
* goop smearers should try to force the goop into
the cracks and holes and scrape any material off
the surface.

post-filling:
* we'll have to sand the floor after the goop dries.
   if goop smearers will have been diligent, then
we can use hand-sanders.
   if goop smearers left goop above the surface of
the wood, then we'll have to rent the sander again
(for another $75 or so plus getting and lifting and
returning...).
* after sanding of whatever nature, we'll seal it.
* after the sealer dries, we'll put down a couple
of coats of floor finish (water-base is good and
cures fast (polyurethane takes over a week to cure).