[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge-discuss Digest, Vol 32, Issue 10

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Jun 11 03:38:36 UTC 2010

Jim said:

> If I was afraid of saying the wrong thing before,
> and not sure I'd ever want to enter the space.

Jim. I'm sorry you've seen this side only. There's an awesome side to
noisebridge (that goes in hand with the less awesome side). If you ever
enter into the space, I think you'll find there are some really exciting
things. Of course, with that said, it also depends upon when you go. I have
felt that same feeling in the space too -- but it was at a different and an
off time.

If you come to Monday night hardware hacking at 7 pm Monday, I think you'll
see tons of other groups going on. Some people are just hanging out and
having fun. Others are programming. There's an iphone development group in
one of the classrooms.

In short, Monday is a great time and generally good energy to see the space
for the first time. And, there's no shortage of people to talk to and have a
great time geeking out with.

> My hunch is that someone who sees this will want to respond
> with a curt "goodbye" and ejection from the mailing list. I can't
> do anything about that

Actually, I don't think they will. Oh, there will be drama -- you'll
probably get tons of email messages. Some of them supportive and some not.
But, I seriously doubt you would be removed from the mailing list without
your permission.

You bring up very excellent points. They've been brought up before. I don't
disagree with the points. All that I do know is that, I try hard to be
excellent to those around me. And, that means that I just don't engage in
the negative situations while trying to feed the positive ones. And, there
are some pretty positive ones out there.

Good luck and take care... maybe see you in the space soon..

Warmest Regards,

Glen Jarvis
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe