[Noisebridge-discuss] Flooring work! Next step sanding, you are needed!

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Mon Jun 21 05:56:01 UTC 2010

Thanks Jim and Frantisek, you have done awesome work!  Much appreciated!

Current update: puttying is done except for a few places that were deep
and need another coat.  Goop smearers were somewhat diligent, the
majority of the floor is fairly even and smooth but there are some areas
with blobs.  We put the canvas on the floor again by the bathroom, and
put up strings and signs to help encourage Not walking on until it's
finished.  Huge thanks to Quirk who not only vaccuumed & puttied the
whole day but also brought cookies for the helpers.  Props to all those
who helped: Hephaestus, Miah, Sai, Eric, Mikolaj, Christopher, Paul ...
you all rock!

Jim are there any hand sanders that have vaccuums attached like the Big
one?  If so I think it's totally worth attempting those.

Next step: sanding!  I could not find any hand sanders except the little
tiny crappy one I found in an alley sometime last year... anyone who has
an orbital sander and wants to put in a little time with it, please do
so!  And can we borrow it for the next person, too?

If you can sand or just loan a sander, please reply to the list; if I
don't hear from anyone in the next day or two we'll assume we've got to
rent the floor sander again but I'd love to save the money.

Rachel