[Noisebridge-discuss] My pants got pwned @ 5MoF

John Morgan dr1ce315 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:12:56 UTC 2010

Sorry if I sound accusatory.  People said they wanted to know exactly what I
experienced and I replied in kind with nearly every relevant detail I could
recall.  In fact I've repeatedly been a "good sport" and said I thought it
was funny, while I could have been pissed, and certainly was for the first
few hours after discovering it.

I personally didn't go near the soldering stations that night, so if someone
figured out how to get that heat gun across the room and pull that off, good
job, but wouldn't that had melted the area, preventing fray?  I did goto the
Cancun place down the road for a burrito, has anyone ever got their ass
burned there?  I went straight home after that, I n
normally change as soon as I get home, and didn't see what happened till the
next day...

My guess was it was just barely enough to heat to cut the thing, overtime,
using very intensely focused beam, but i could be wrong.  I don't know lots
about lasers either, but it was the most logical conclusion in MY mind.
Hell for all i knew, all n00bs got a new ass hole burnt in them.

If it indeed was a laser, I believe the person may not be stepping up,
fearing perhaps liability for what was potentially a very dangerous stunt.

Well, I haven't worn the pants since I posted the picture.  Shouldn't a few
tests and a microscope be able to tell?  I was thinking of taking a trip to
the meeting tonight so if anyone who wants to look at them is going to be
their, let me know and I'll be sure to bring them...

-John