[Noisebridge-discuss] More lounge-like atmosphere @ nb

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:36:32 UTC 2010

As a guy who does mostly buildy thingies when I swing by Noisebridge, I
would have to say that low light wouldn't make me very thrilled from a
functionality standpoint (as Shannon mentions). There may be a way to do
this with proper sectioning, but I can't think of a great way right now
since the layout of NB is kind of editable in a lot of ways.

Perhaps there is a way to buy some swanky standalone lights that plug into
outlets and you can control with an RF switch? (Actually, I did this in my
apartment by hacking some IKEA lights and it works very nicely). That way,
you can just turn off the overhead lights and have some kick ass
blue/purple/green/polka dot lighting. At the same time, if people need the
full overhead ugly people lights for some functional reason, its a simple
flick of a switch away. You've also got the advantage that if your lighting
is easily accessible, its super easy to change color/pattern by just
buying/finding a new gel and gettin' your duct tape on.

Just my $0.02 -
Sean