[Noisebridge-discuss] Payload recovery mission

Christopher Lincoln cclinco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 20:53:36 UTC 2010

The terrain is a steep hill of lose dirt and shale rock that rises about
2500 feet above the base location (the road).  There is very sparse tree
cover, lots of patches of poison oak and a plethora of snake holes though
out the hill.  Expect the weather to be VERY hot and dry.  The last known
location was in the canyon behind the ridge that lines the road, so expect
to scale the peak at least twice.   There are plenty of fallen logs and low
shrubs in the canyon that will obstruct your view, so you will most likely
have to comb the area.

Because of the terrain I would highly suggest a very good pair of hiking
boots with ankle support, a long sleeve shirt and long pants to keep the sun
and poison oak off you.  It was 43 degrees celsius out with no cover, so I
would highly suggest bringing AT LEAST 3 liters of water per person
(probably should have 4).  And as Brian mention there is no cell signal so
bring walky talkys, and of course all the other usual items for a hike in
the sun (hat, sunscreen, compass, survival kit, first aid kit, mirror, etc).

When were people available to go?  We will need to contact the gentleman who
owns the place to inform him before hand.

Christopher