[Noisebridge-discuss] It's Club Mate Time Again

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Fri Mar 12 18:05:42 UTC 2010

At the shop I occasionally work out of (boxshop.org) the
donation-drinks fridge has a compliance-enhancing inner door  with a
money slot in it. You physically can't get a drink without opening the
inner door, which is a nice reminder that you need to put some
baksheesh in the slot.  It only occludes one shelf, leaving space for
other things, and seems to work pretty well.

Pretty simple mechanism: it's perforated aluminum (so you can see the
shelf contents) spraypainted red, with a piano hinge pop-riveted to
the inside of the fridge.

I will ping Ray who made it for the shop and see if something can be cooked up.
No doubt there will be those who would like to add a
solenoid-controlled latch for their RFID implants.