[Noisebridge-discuss] Who wants Kilograms of Shapelock?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Mar 15 06:59:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 08:41:36PM -0800, Corey McGuire wrote:
> OK folks!  It looks like we're up to at least 60kg, up to 80kg:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Polycaprolactone

Have we verified that the formfactor is how we want it?  The
"Shape-lock" brand stuff comes in nice 5mm (?ish) sphere-ish beads; if
TRIISO ships us a 60kg solid brick of PCL we'll be very, very sad.

Beads would be best, IMO.  Next best would be extruded filament like the
Makerbot feedstock; anything else would be a big problem.  I *think*
beads are the standard deliverable from these places, but very good idea
to check first.

>    - Get quote from TRIISO
>    - Paypal for the materials
>    - Order based on Paypal
>    - Ship to Noisebridge

If you're going to be there to receive the shipment, more power to you,
but if you're not there, you can't assume that whoever happens to answer
the door when the shipment arrives is going to be willing to sign for it
/ manage the elevator / et cetera.  Heck, you can't even assume that
anybody will be there, or that the elevator will work, or that the
doorbell will work.  We've had packages returned to sender in the past.
I always ship to my office and then hand-deliver to 2169.

(Not a veto, just a word of warning that this requires management and a
time investment from an interested individual.)

> Does Noisebridge have a Paypal account we can use?  I can do this, I don't
> care, but I understand if people would rather use something more
> "official."  I'd prefer it as well.

We generally avoid using "official" accounts and funds for projects.
Individual empowerment is the name of the game around here. :)  It
avoids administrative overhead and bureaucracy.

-andy