[Noisebridge-discuss] Should the NB board take action wrt IRC?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Mar 27 00:12:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Jeffrey Malone
<ieatlint at tehinterweb.com> wrote:
> I personally support Jof's suggestion, that we simply get a secure
> shell account on a reasonably secure server, run irsii in a screen
> session connecting via ssl, and set authorized keys for the account.
> This way, no single person is named as an "owner" of the channel.  We
> can give access to members who want the responsibility (and not the
> novelty), and when problems occur, rely on them to connect and handle
> the situation.  This is essentially how our ops team currently works,
> as I understand it.

IMHO this'd be a relatively good way to give ops to the
organization-per-se and switch out use of it to individuals as needed.

Is there any way to make the chanserv prevent anyone having ops who
isn't registered? That'd've prevented the "spoof a legit user's nick
to fool a human" kind of attack that you described.

- Sai