[Noisebridge-discuss] Should the NB board take action wrt IRC?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 09:41:36 UTC 2010

Well, if you really want to get pedantic, founder is just a flag on the
chanserv privs.  The spectrum of permissions that can be granted with
chanserv is greater than that which you can share in-channel.  There are
really only the 3 levels in the "this trumps that" heirarchy.

The founder flag allows you to grant access to others.  I'm not as familiar
with this particular chanserv daemon.  Where I had IRCop privs, we had a
numerical ranking of privs, rather than the menu of privs freenode has.

Christie
_______
"We also briefly discussed having officers replaced by very small shell
scripts." -- Noisebridge meeting notes 2008-06-17

The outer bounds is only the beginning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genriel/sets/72157623376093724/