[Noisebridge-discuss] acceptable use of the space: RPG? time: Sat or Sunday afternoon?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat May 1 00:33:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Xavier Aubuchon-Mendoza
<xavieram at gmail.com> wrote:
> By "encourage," however, do you mean "recommend in case you had not already
> noticed this resource" or "advise that this forum would be the (only)
> appropriate venue for your activity?" I'm not trying to step on anybody's
> toes, of course.

Only the former, in that things usually survive better when combined
than when split.

In general, NB philosophy is that if you want to do something, and
you're not messing with others in doing so, just fucking do it. If you
are, ask them first.

I see no plausible way you'd be interfering with someone else by
having a weekly D&D game (assuming it's open to new people to drop in,
at least); it's more just that you'd probably syncretize well and have
the same player set, so syncing schedule is useful.

It's certainly not a prereq, and there's not really any such thing at
NB as an "only appropriate venue".

- Sai