[Noisebridge-discuss] abandoned bikes at 2169

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Nov 24 09:53:23 UTC 2010

We have about 4 bikes that appear to be abandoned at Noisebridge.

This makes our already-limited bike parking even more problematic.

One of them is commonly known to be "the noisebridge bike" (it's a heavy
black city bike that looks like it belongs in Amsterdam, with a chain
guard and everything).  I think it's pretty great to have a common bike.

The others don't seem to be completely rideable, and/or seem to be
personal property.  They've all been here for months.  Only one has a
particular member's name on it.

Shannon and I taped them to the wall this evening.  If they're still
taped up in a week, I'm planning to drag them down and donate them to
the Bike Kitchen.  I'll swing by and emplace semi-threatening "IF THIS
BIKE IS ABANDONED IT WILL BE REMOVED AND DONATED" signs soon.

-andy