[Noisebridge-discuss] locker dead drop... possible?

Ever Falling everfalling at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 08:16:06 UTC 2010

i'm wondering if anyone knows the policy regarding those lockers you find in
train stations or amusement parks where you insert a quarter, take the key,
and lock up your items and then when you come back and open the locker you
get the quarter back. If something is left in the locker for more than a few
days do they reset the locker with a new key and dump whatever is inside? Is
there a difference in policy for the lockers that take your money opposed to
the ones that give the quarter back? I'm asking because i'm thinking of
using one of these lockers in a low profile location (like a swimming pool
or gym or something so they don't think "oh crap terrizm it's a bomb
inside!") as a dead drop for a clue in a puzzle and i don't want it to be
reset before the person is able to get there. also i'm hoping to use one
with the quarter return feature so that the quarter itself might be part of
the clue. is there a specific name for those types of lockers? I'd really
like it to be like in MIB 2 where a locker in a train station is left alone
for a long time (enough to house a little alien town!). thanks for any help.

--
Trying to fix or change something, only guarantees and perpetuates its
existence.