[Noisebridge-discuss] Fw: hackbus, mobilebridge

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:54:39 UTC 2010

I happen to know a bit about cars.  getting 10 mpg is not really that worthy
of a goal.  You could also look into any diesel SUV/Pickup trucks.  I had a
1984 diesel ex military blazer.  It had 2 100 amp alternators and 2 1000 amp
batteries.  It was also a 1/2 ton vehicle and had a C type hitch with a ball
on the bottom part of the C.  That means you could tow a nice big trailer
with it and prolly power a TON of stuff.  I would suggest looking for one of
those if you are willing to go that low on MPG.  They get 13-18 MPG
depending if you drive like aggressive or not.  If you want something more
efficient but still a pickup, Volkswagen made a pickup truck in the late
70's early 80's that was a little 4 cylinder diesel that got 50 ish mpg.

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer