[Noisebridge-discuss] Frantisek is going to stop living at Noisebridge starting tonight.

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Nov 16 20:56:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Josh Berkus <josh at agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 11/16/10 12:33 PM, Dr. Jesus wrote:
>> First of all, it's not against our lease as far as I can tell.  It is
>> a planning code violation.  Every time I've talked to city planning,
>> including today, they've been real clear that 2169's current status is
>> that there shall be no residential uses, period.
>
> Generally business leases come with a clause which allows the landlord
> to evict the tenant with 30 days notice of any planning code violations.
>  Does the NB lease have such a clause?

Unless the market for sweatshop spaces is markedly different than it
was when we got 2169, the landlord would have to have a serious
personal vendetta against us to kick us out.

(This is, of course, orthogonal to your question, but it seems like a
next natural step: "If that clause was there, would they be interested
in leveraging it?")
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
 josh at joshisanerd.com