[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 23:15:00 UTC 2010

agreed, Fran, you are excellent.

However, one person living at noisebridge- in the literal sense- would make
it seem OK for other, less awesome folks to do so. It's like the broken
window theory.
new person:'oh! there is totally this guy that everyone seems to like, and
he sleeps here ALL THE TIME. It must mean it's OK!'.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 3:02 PM, girlgeek_wt <girlgeek at wt.net> wrote:

> Frantisek,
> I think that you misunderstand.
> 1. I don't think that anyone objects to any of the things that you do
> while vertical. Many are a big benefit to Noisebridge.
> 2. Things: Most of us have projects and things left. I don't think that
> there are any objections to your objects. Or if there are, they can be
> solved by some rearranging.
> 3. Sleeping at NB: Frowned upon, especially between 12 Midnight & 6AM.
> There may be exceptions, but
> 4. Hanging out and Hacking: Excellent. I think that this is what you
> call living at NB. No one else calls it that. To everyone else, that is
> what NB is for!
> 5. Please realize that everyone seems to think highly of you.
>
> I hope that this clarifies some.
> -Claudia
>

> On 11/16/2010 2:11 PM, Frantisek Apfelbeck wrote:
> >
> > Hi to All! I'm glad that we will go through that as a group. I was
> expecting to
> > do so with a  small group of members or on a member meeting first but
> let's take
> > this road.   Sleeping and Noisebridge versus Living at Noisebridge   I
> think
> > that here Al got a clear point I would add that I'm actually living at
>  another
> > two or three places in the same time (Three Stone Hearth Kitchen for
>  example).
> > I'm actually not really "sleeping at Noisebridge" even if I sometimes
> > physically do so (last week way to much believe me). Sleeping may come
> handy but
> > it's not really important to me, I can sort it out pretty easily most of
> the
> > time. Know please let me explain what does mean to me living at
> Noisebridge.
> > Living at Noisebridge means taking this place as part of you. Place which
> > changes  because of you being present, radiating your energy, making your
> dreams
> > to come  through or just hanging around having good time and bad time
> sometimes.
> > We do  this together, that is the best par. All of that can happen at
> this place
> > because  of there are so many of "you" who are however so similar and so
> > different. To be  more concrete. I work on projects which I believe in. I
> invest
> > my energy, time  and money to make them happen. Many people at
> Noisebridge think
> > they should  happen and they are actually helping to realize them. I
> certainly
> > would like to  make them happen in the way that I can live by/from doing
> them
> > and I'm nearly at  that stage not being even 29. I'm doing what I believe
> > should and I'm quite  pretty close of doing it “my way”. It's hard bread
> > sometimes to live around the  bay on less than $60 per week but I do it
> because
> [...]

doing stuff and making things
---
"The function of all art ... is an extension of the function of the visual
brain, to acquire knowledge; ...artists are, in a sense, neurologists who
study the capacities of the visual brain with techniques that are unique to
them. ." -Semir Zeki