[Noisebridge-discuss] So, how many people live at noisebridge now?

jim jim at systemateka.com
Thu Oct 21 21:50:14 UTC 2010

   again, well said.
   the tho't occurs that we might try something together
to clean the place in various ways: something spontaneous,
maybe, like Ten Minutes of Cleaning: Everybody Up!
   another tho't is if the uncomfortable feeling comes
upon oneself, mention it to some other self with whom one
is comfortable and try to help each other either become
comfortable or deal in a comfortable way.
   my experience in other communities suggests that for
the community to survive there must be a core that has
good morale. The first step is to accept each other, then
to ask for help with little, trivial things, and respond
if asked. talking develops, bonds form, the sense of
community and shared values develops, apparent to all.

   ...not that i'm suggesting that we institutionalize
anything... just get to where any of us can occasionally
call out for help with some common issue (garbage, dishes,
infrastructure, lack of toilet paper, uncomfortable
perceptions... with the expectation that a few others may
be willing to help.

   (i can't help myself:
   occasionally someone suggests something be done and
someone else responds along the lines of "that's a good
idea, tell us when you've <done_it || got_things_ready>,
which i think is a poor response. better might be "that
sounds good, i can help with that, too." seems to me that
"that sounds like a dumb idea to me" is also acceptable,
essentially can start a discussion).