[Noisebridge-discuss] The Pirate Book

Sai noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Oct 23 18:05:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 12:44 PM,
<travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org> wrote:
> Also check out project gutenberg.

Already did. It's got e.g. Marx but not Durkheim (probably because the
latter needs to be translated, and those translations are more
modern).

> Usenet works; you typically have to pay to get access nowadays;
> giganews.com is quite popular and has excellent retention.  I forget
> the names of the ebook groups.

I can check with a friend who has a giganews account to see if they have this.

> Note that some ISPs take aggressive action against bittorrent, and
> that it equates in many minds to "copyright violation", facts
> notwithstanding.

This was something I made sure to ask my ISP about before signing up,
since I consider Comcast's stance on such things to be blatantly
anti-customer. No problems so far.

Also, I provably run a full access Tor node and have a wireless router
that my neighbors might be using... so a mere IP isn't really that
much evidence.

- Sai