[Noisebridge-discuss] call for action - Mr. Salvador/Salvator Dalajlama is back

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Oct 30 19:02:38 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Sean Cusack <sean.p.cusack at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, can we reinforce with him that he's not welcome and maybe serve him up
> an ultimatum? Something like, "hey, you know you aren't welcome here -
> you've been told before. Its not a crash pad, or a place that things can be
> taken from. So, please take off. If you can't stop coming back, we'll have
> no choice but to call the cops".

Personally, I really detest the idea of calling the police to get this
guy to leave.

If anything, I think this is a good chance for us to unite and look at
our security practices for access control. For a *hacker*space of all
things, I think our "security" at 2169 is pretty dismal (read:
nonexistent).

A couple of things I think we can start doing:
 - Ask on the intercom who is coming in
 - Remove a public QR code by the front door
 - Make sure the "key" page on pony is properly rotating its keys (it
seems to have stopped)
 - Repair / replace the lock on the door from the stairwell and/or elevator gate

What other things can we do to make sure we're not just letting in
total strangers without greeting them first?