[Noisebridge-discuss] anyone interested in ultrasound circuits?

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Mon Sep 13 23:47:46 UTC 2010

Hey all, just figured I'd see if anyone else is interested in
ultrasonics.

I have a friend or two interested in using them (in the configuration
colloquially known as the "ultrasonic pain field generator") for home
alarm use (see "alarm response"):

http://www.subspacefield.org/security/alarm_system/

When not being used to repel burglars, it can also be used as an
insect repellent - you simply sweep in the range above human
perception.  It's important to sweep, b/c otherwise insects can evolve
slot hearing/deafness as a defense.

I could scan in a few circuit designs I have in various books if
anyone is interested.

I assume an arduino would be a good controller; it could be triggered
via ethernet.  I think you'd need one in each room since high
frequencies don't travel well through walls - this is a good thing if
you have neighbors :-)