[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge's birthday!

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Sep 15 19:03:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 01:24:28PM -0400, Moxie Marlinspike wrote:
> I think this is easy enough to handle.  Since participants would need
> some kind of "voting" tool (colored cards or something else), we could
> just have people pay for that without requiring paid access to the
> entire space.

That's fine with me.  I haven't heard anybody objecting to this and I
think we've discussed it sufficiently.

> Still, I'm thinking that this event would "take over" the space in other
> ways.

I also don't have a problem with that.  Do be aware, though, if someone
else *wants* to use the space at the same time, our social norm has been
to accomodate rather than to exclude.  So if people set up a soldering
workshop in the corner, we roll with it rather than insisting they
leave.

(I fully expect it won't be a problem, just making sure everybody's
expectations are in line.)

> Since it potentially gets more interesting with the more money
> you collect, I would want to promote the fuck out of the event in order
> to get a lot of folks there.  I'm imagining a
> push-the-furniture-out-of-the-way party environment with music playing
> over a bustling crowd.  Noisebridge could even sell drinks or something
> as a fundraiser for the space.

Drinks selling almost certainly will happen; we'll also want to have a
"intro to Noisebridge" flier for attendees for whom this is their first
interaction with the space.  I'll gin something up there.

-andy