[Noisebridge-discuss] High Schoolers Push Down Price of Near-Space Photography

Felipe Sanches juca at members.fsf.org
Fri Apr 15 00:53:51 UTC 2011

 High Schoolers Push Down Price of Near-Space
Photography<http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/11/04/14/2028235/High-Schoolers-Push-Down-Price-of-Near-Space-Photography>
Posted by timothy <http://www.monkey.org/%7Etimothy/> on Thursday April 14,
@04:33PM
from the can-I-get-a-student-discount dept.
 Floodge <floodge1 at gmail.com> writes *"High School students at Explore
Knowledge Academy in Las Vegas, Nevada have launched a near space
photography balloon <http://www.projectviking.org/flight-pictures> which
took over 2000 pictures of Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, Lake Mead,
Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, and much more! The 'space craft' was built from
used and recycled components for under 60 dollars and was inspired by MIT
students Project Icarus in 2009."* Near-space photography via balloon isn't
quite new any more, but price is a great frontier to explore. And I'm glad
that there's a school called "Explore Knowledge Academy."