[Noisebridge-discuss] Self Defense

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:40:24 UTC 2011

Um, I disagree. I would way rather people used the space for self-defense
sparring than for making weapons. Acourse, I ain't gonna tell knife junkies
to take it outside unless I feel threatened by them... I don't think weapons
are much good without any training on how to use them.

I do think our members have been mugged and harassed on the street in recent
memory, and I do think that talking about and teaching basic self-defense
will both help in those situations and help people to carry themselves so
they don't get messed with in the first place.

I don't see any reason not to talk about it unless you are a spy or
something.

mediumreality.com