[Noisebridge-discuss] The Mystery of the Disappearing Donations

Rikke Rasmussen rikke.c.rasmussen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 09:05:11 UTC 2011

Frantisek,

It's not a matter of people not donating - on the contrary, we've been doing
fine just with the weekly kombucha and a little food here and there - it's a
matter of us having very deliberately *not* having locked away or removed
any funds, exactly because no one wants to have to make any decisions that
detract from the openness of our community, and someone then having taken
advantage of that openness.

Don't see the principal difference between a treasurer removing the money
and a locked box in the fridge that anyone can get keys and access to? It
wouldn't be the only donation box in the space with a lock on it, either.

Stocks have been managed better than you might expect - we're still running
on the last of what you bought just before you left. I thank you for the
advice, but while I appreciate that Tastebridge was your full-time
occupation, none of us currently have that option, and I can't help but feel
a little hurt by the implication that it can't function any other way. I
think we've been doing really well, all things considered.

/Rikke