[Noisebridge-discuss] Notes, Homework and Office Hours

Daniel Nowak kellankade at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 20:19:18 UTC 2011

Hey Python Fans,

As Liz already stated we are switching the beginning section of the python
class to be an hour long. I made some changes to our syllabus. This week we
are going to cover strings, lists, and tuples. I am going to post the code
I am going to use in this weeks class to
https://github.com/kellanjacobs/noise-pyclass I am almost finished working
on the first half of this weeks lesson and the code will be posted in about
an hour. I will post more code as I finish writing it. Its there for anyone
who wants to look ahead and go over what we will be working on.

Also this week I have a few homework projects that you all can work on out
of class to help your understanding of what we went over. For anyone who
has programing experience I would welcome suggestions on simple but fun
tasks we can do with the limited code we have learned so far. We can use
simple math, assignments, user input, strings, lists, and things from the
standard python library. No control structures, loops or functions etc. If
you have any ideas of things that are a little more fun that the normal
format a phone number examples I would love to hear them. The one I have
come up with so far is compute Stardate from Star Trek.

Last thing for today. Because we are going to have homework. I wanted to
know if anyone thought it would be a good idea for me to set aside a couple
of hours to come into Noisebridge and help people stuck with the homework
problems. I was thinking a Sunday afternoon maybe. If anyone thinks that
would be helpful let me know.

Kellan