[Noisebridge-discuss] Interest in 3D Printing Collaboration Platform?

Daniel Jacker daniel at 3dprintplace.com
Sun Dec 11 19:27:24 UTC 2011

Dear Noisebridge Team,

A friend of mine from Sector 67 (sector67.org) had heard about noisebridge
and recommended that I get in touch with you.

My name is Danny and my associate’s name is Sebastian. We are two recent
college grads who caught the 3D printing bug and believe that 3D printing
is going to explode and revolutionize the way we live our lives. We can’t
wait to see the transformation take place, so we setup a new 3D printing
platform to help facilitate this change. The platform’s name is 3D Print
Place and it is designed to make 3D printing more accessible to home users,
academic institutions, and small businesses. The platform is entirely
fueled by user-to-user collaboration – the community creates content and
value, the website solely provides the necessary infrastructure to simplify
user interaction.

We are in the process of reaching out to hacker spaces, engineering
programs, and tech clubs around the world and think that noisebridge could
get a lot out of our beta site – e.g. you can create an account in our *Print
Exchange* and then offer a 3D printing service to people in your area. Or
you can post, share and sell printable CAD files in our *CAD Library*.

You can check out the site and an overview of all the functions by clicking
on the link below:

3dprintplace.com<http://www.3dprintplace.com/index.php/staticpages/websiteoverview>

We recently launched to the general public at the 3D Printing Event (
http://3dprintingevent.com) in the Netherlands (you can check out the
launch presentation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuglXEpaXt4) and
are now looking for enthusiastic people in the 3D printing community to
help improve our project and built up a community.

It would mean a lot to me if you could pass on this e-mail to members of
your community and to anyone else that you think might be interested in
this collaboration project.

If you would like more details or provide direct feedback please feel free
to contact me via email at Daniel at 3dprintplace.com or via Skype at
‘dannyjacker’

Thanks for your help and I hope you enjoy the site!
-Danny-