[Noisebridge-discuss] What happened to the lasering laptop?

Gopiballava Flaherty gopiballava at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 00:00:30 UTC 2011

On Dec 4, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Corey McGuire wrote:

> We need to bolt it down with something not easily cut with a 40w laser

PVC and polycarbonate. Though I'm not sure that booby trapping the laptop would be a nice idea.

Would permanent markings on the laptop be out of the question?

Not sure if this is appropriate / functional, but:
What about a small strobe light hooked up to the Ethernet switch as a form of anti-theft system? That would of course only work if the machine was never turned off.