[Noisebridge-discuss] personal computers at Noisebridge (was Re: Missing Green Bike /w Red Grips.)

Isky Wordsworth dejaepu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:46:06 UTC 2011

oh my god Noisebridge, I love you, I'm in tears I've been laughing so hard,
as is almost always the case, this is going much better than I expected,

naysayers: you think EYE AM unproductive? Do i spend hours every day shit
talking people on the internet? No, i walk around my world, including
noisebridge, making people feel better about their day and showing them
where to find the things they need cause you're all sitting here foaming at
the mouth getting your keyboards all soggy, when have I EVER been in your
way? *shut up and hack*.

not to mention to the people always trying to push everyone around (i admit
some need to be pushed a little, though I'm trying to convince you I'm not
the sort), do you have any idea how many people have cried on my shoulders
in YOUR hackerspace? do you know how nice it feels to be there as a
completely positive supportive emotional resource for another hacker? or are
ya too busy trying to make them cry in the first place?

yaysayers: PLEASE! feel free to leave me more kind words, you guys have had
me giggling and feeling nice all evening,

@Patrick... wHat?!?! are you Completely sightless? almost everything
you perceive is completely inverted and confounding, are you getting your
information out of a random sentence generator? Me Antisocial? and What's
all this about permission? What am i running a kindergarten in Turing? quit
coming over to me to tell me five times that you're older than me and that
you're afraid to talk to my friends because "it's inappropriate for a male
of my age to talk to a female of that age", where are you getting this
stuff?

@Andy

"I have tried to talk to Isky about this issue.  He's been unwilling to
communicate about it."

Andy, we have exchanged maybe thirty sentences ever, in like two
conversations, initiated by me (in which you've been incredibly helpful,
thank you!). Otherwise, we seem to have mutally avoided interaction more
thoroughly than i thought possible. What are you talking about?When did you
ever ask me about the computer? It's perfectly possible that i forgot. in
that case I'm sorry for seeming to have avoided the subject, its not
something I wanted to upset anyone over.

" I have heard from at least two other community

members who've also tried to discuss it with him and gotten blown off."

Shannon and another have both advised me to "move it", i engaged them both
in a logistical conversation of where and for what purpose and neither could
come up with enough to want to continue the conversation with me, which i
was not done talking about, effectively, in fact blowing ME off! To be
frank! I am sick of you people blowing me off all the time! Find someone
else next time you're in the mood. Worrying about when you'll get to blow me
off again
all the time must be exhausting and there MUST be SOMETHING else you enjoy
doing...?

AND YOU TWO, please don't confuse a SUGGESTION with a REQUEST, I have never
been asked to move my computer. It's a total of 4 people it bothers, and
those 4 people are rarely in the space! Yet when they finally come around
they spend their time having a tantrum about me off completely out of the
way of anything they could be doing?

@Al
man, why do i never get to hear any of this out of mouth? i always got to
read your frustration second hand,

 how are organizing/cleaning the kitchen, cooking with/for people, making
tea for everyone, repairing shirts, jackets, headphones, &laptops, spreading
the word of hackerspaces, running the lockpicking class three weeks in a
row, making sure as many people as i can affect (who havent already decided
im their mortal enemy) are smiling/laughing, teaching people how to
solder/use the sewing machine/repair their stuff/speak spanish/make a decent
bowl of labne etc not legitimate projects? what the fuck is a fucking
project?? Albert have you have got that word tattooed to your eyelids? has
it completely lost its meaning? i dont understand what parameters it
defines, do i need to build a 1:1 Hanging Gardens of Babylon out of macaroni
sculpture to impress you? if not so extreme, why draw a line at all?

I'd like to have my word taken when I say that I ALWAYS ask if I can get out
of the way of anyone whom i look like i even might be in the way of. Not ot
mention CONSTANTLY asking people what i can help them with around the space.
I am a very thoughtful, purposefully conscientious and attemptedly
empathetic participant of the space. Because of my extraversion disease, I
can't not engage lost looking people and I'm a big reason people ever find
the classrooms in the first place! I've given more tours, found more
needed/lost tools, washed more dishes, and swept more floors at noisebridge
than anyone in the last few months ('cept Al). You haters come in once every
two weeks and see me looking out the window for a minute, you make a mental
note of it, convince yourself that i haven't done an ounce of helping
anybody ever over and over until you can't remember what it was that you
were actually mad about and then blog about it? Sounds super productive!

Who exactly avoids turing because I'm in there? All the people who've come
to it looking like they wanted to stay for more than a minute did, and all
who didn't didn't, can we stop speculating? seriously point them out, have
them ask me to stop being so scary/smelly/vicious/satanically unpleasant to
be around while I'm doing my french homework/ or playing trackmania so
AntaGoNizIngly. Do you have any idea how many people were thankful there was
a computer sitting there for them to be able to participate in the class
with (the 88% of the time the computer is freely available as first come
first serve)?

ah fuck, look what you made me do, wall of text when i could be sleeping,
whoops

Isky <3's you noisebridge. Sorry for partying.

save the disc list for interesting, new, at least slightly informative
topics
instead of smearing (my) name/s around in a circle all day every day XD

oh and Liz I'd love to help teach that class,