[Noisebridge-discuss] Cisco 1200 AP help needed for robot

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 19:45:43 UTC 2011

jake-

I have a netgear AP available if that helps in any way.  It sounds
like the Cisco AP works but just needs config, no?  If you run into
issues with that I can make my Netgear AP available.  It's
configurable via ethernet initially, then via wifi.  If it works for
the project I'd be happy to donate it to NB.

I bought it to bridge with my existing Netgear Wifi Router but it
turns out you can't do that without a second Netgear AP to bridge with
(boo).  I wanted it to act as a "client" on my existing network or a
repeater, but the best I could do with a single AP was use it to
create a new wifi network for client machines to connect.  Depending
on what you are trying to do that might be helpful.  Your robot could
be broadcasting a wifi network and any  laptops/etc could connect to
the robot network for controlling/monitoring/debugging/etc.

Feel free to disregard if I am misunderstanding your needs or if this
doesn't help.

jared-